The following points are very effective:
- It is important to educate and organize.
- If you do not belong to a local airport/pilot organization, then join one. If none exists, then it is time to start one – we can help you
- Determine who your airport decision makers are, county or city council. Then establish a working relationship; and don’t forget to include city/county planners and the airport manager
- Become educated and involved in all airport matters
- Attend council meetings with airport related business, especially new development proposals
- Work together with your airport manager – Why? – because he/she can be a huge asset helping you deal with issues at hand
- Get involved – each of us can do something to help, no matter how small