204+ families visited the Santa Monica Airport last weekend (July 5th) weekend to put their kids in a real airplane. The weekend alone we introduced 480+ kids to aviation!
Visit this page to view all of the photos on our social media accounts.
Here’s some stats from our most recent Santa Monica Airport events:
Over the past 3 months we have successfully inspired 877+ kids (from 566 families) as they experience aviation from pilots in a real airplane at Santa Monica Airport.
- 323 of these families said this is their first visit to Santa Monica Airport.
- 150 of these families said they regularly visit the skydeck to watch planes takeoff with their kids.
- 81 were from Los Angeles.
- 41 were from Mar Vista.
- 33 were from Culver City.
- 16 were from Marina Del Rey.
- 20 were from Venice.
- 157 were from Santa Monica.
- 29 were from the South Bay.
- 10 drove all the way from Orange County.
- 15 were from Brentwood.
Other families drove from these notable cities to join us:
Calabasas, Burbank, Northridge, Sherman Oaks, Santa Clarita, North Hollywood, Tarzana, Studio City, Gardena, Porter Ranch, Arcadia, Topanga Canyon, Lake Balboa, Pasadena, Valley Village, Whittier, Woodland Hills, Torrance, Chatsworth, Paramount, Temple City, Granada Hills, Cerritos, Hawthorne, Long Beach, Westchester, Thousand Oaks, Fallbrook, Hancock Park, Silver Lake, Eagle Rock, Los Feliz, Palms, North Hills, Baldwin Hills, Playa Vista, Hollywood, Westwood, West Hollywood, Inglewood, Van Nuys, East Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Cheviot Hills, Pacific Palisades, Midcity and Miracle Mile.
Thanks for your support,
Josh & The Team at SantaMonicaAirport.com
P.S. Stay tuned for a possible repeat of this event in the fall. It’s a lot of work and we’re trying to get more resources to make this possible.