AOPA has made it easy for anyone to provide feedback on TSA’s ridiculous new regulation proposal on GA. Go to http://www.aopa.org/advocacy/gasecurity/ and do it now.
The LASP proposal identifies approximately 320 airports that would need to adopt a “Partial” airport security program. The TSA has identified these airports as either a DOT defined reliever airport or one that regularly serves scheduled or public charter operations in large aircraft.
Guess who pays for this???
The “Partial” airport security program would require:
- Designation of an airport security coordinator
- Training program for law enforcement personnel
- Description of law enforcement support
- System for maintaining records
- Procedures for dealing with Sensitive Security Information (SSI)
- Procedures for posting public advisories
- Incident management procedures
As you can see, this could be quite burdensome and costly for the airport administration and could affect you as a tenant and/or user of the airport. We should also encourage airport managers and the staff to comment against this proposed rule.