Here are the high points from the Stockon Airport Quarterly Report. 1. SCK is now home to two-dozen corporate jets values at between $20 million and $40 million. Aircraft storage at SCK has been robust.
2. Menlo Worldwide (formerly Emery Worldwide) moved its entire Northern California operation to SCK.
3. ABX Air (another large air cargo operator) recently began shipping mail for SCK
4. SCK finished both 2003 & 2004 in the top third of commercial airports nationwide in terms of cargo handled.
5. At SCK, more money has been spent on airfield improvements over the past three years then in the 10 years prior.
6. Fiscal-Year 2002-3 the County General Fund contributed $800,000.00 to the operation of the Airport.
7. Fiscal-Year 2003-4 the County General Fund contributed $400,000.00 to the operation of the Airport.
8. Fiscal-Year 2004-5 the County General Fund projects to contributed $200,000.00 to the operation of the Airport.
9. Fiscal-Year 2005-6 is projected to be a break-even year for the airport where it fully pays for its own operation.
Much kudos to the Airport Director Barry Rondinella and his staff!!
RJ Tutt Aviation
Stockton Metropolitan Airport