The Gnoss Field Community Association, in conjunction with the Marin County 99’s*, is proud to announce the Wings Over Marin – “Women in Aviation” event to be held September 21, 2013, at Gnoss Field, Marin County’s airport in Novato.
Our Women in Aviation theme is designed to acknowledge those women who have been, and continue to be, involved in aviation in many different and important ways. We are planning to have some very special women take part in the event and share their experiences and perspectives with Marin County youth who may, someday, follow in their footsteps.
Women in Aviation will also focus on educating all youth about the many career opportunities available in aviation today. We will highlight how women have had successful careers in aviation or aviation related jobs, including aircraft engineering and design, air traffic control, mechanics, airport operations, flight schools, aviation product sales, and of course, careers as pilots. Many opportunities abound in both the public and private sectors. For all young people who attend, there will be a wealth of information on what it takes to pursue these careers.
We are also proud to offer $1,250 scholarships to two Marin County youth who apply to pursue an aviation related careers in their chosen field. These scholarships will be offered to high school graduates who have demonstrated an interest in pursuing a career in an aviation related field.
The event will include something for everyone:
• Keynote Speaker(s) – women with current careers in aviation
• Seminar for career opportunities in aviation and related industries
• Static displays of historic, military and modern aircraft (kids will be able to sit in some cockpits)
• Military “war birds” on the ground and in the air
• Low level aircraft “fly bys” by a wide variety of aircraft
• Informational displays and aviation related vendors
• Videos and other displays on the history of women in aviation.
• Food and entertainment
In order for this event to be successful, we need and are asking for your financial support. Please see the Sponsorship document included with this letter and do whatever you can to help make the day memorable, especially for the women who have been in aviation and for those who just might.
Thanks for whatever help you can give!