Commemorative Air Force’s annual Wings Over Gillespie air show will be with us again soon. This year’s event will take place Friday June 4 – Sunday June 6. There will be aerobatics and mock ‘dogfights’ throughout the weekend. As with this event each year there will be some impact on the everyday operation of the airfield and I’m sending this e-mail as a heads-up to what you can expect over the weekend so that you can plan accordingly.
Air show flight activity will be limited to specific times on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. These time slots have been spread out to allow other airport users to get in and out. These times are as follows:
· Friday June 4, 2010 1300 – 1430hrs. Aerobatics
· Saturday June 5, 2010 1000 – noon. Aerobatics
· Saturday June 5, 2010 1300 – 1500hrs. Aerobatics and pyrotechnics
· Sunday June 6, 2010 1000 – noon. Aerobatics
· Sunday June 6, 2010 1300 – 1500hrs. Aerobatics and pyrotechnics
During these times the airport will be closed to all other traffic except for emergency services such as ASTREA and Mercy Air.
Please plan accordingly and READ THE NOTAMS.
Additionally, from Tuesday June 1, the County wash rack will be unavailable. Wash rack will open back up again at noon Monday June 7.
(619) 956 4805